Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fruit Tarts

Strawberry & Blue Berry Tarts

Feeding my underweight son is very challenging.
I am always trying my best to prepare food that he will like. The word should be eat and not like. Why?
Simply because there are too many countless occassions that he told me the food he would like to eat but after all the hassle of preparation he did not want to eat. Of course, stating many excuses. Sigh.... :( This is another job of a mother, eating the left overs.

Anyway, he is "in" into strawberry and blueberry lately which he is unfavourable in the past.
I decided to bake some fruit tarts from scratch. The tart shell, the japanese custard fillings, the fresh fruits and organic blue berries.

And the output is satisfactory. The challenge began when I asked him to try.
Bingo! He selected the "design" of the tart he wanted and finished it for breakfast.
I was delighted. At least, for a morning I do not have to force him to eat.
What cheap thrill you may think. But to see him eat really make my day! :)

Here are my tarts....do they look yummy?







No comments:

Post a Comment